Well my little cyber sandbox has been online now since June 2011. I’ve managed to steer clear of any serious “Issues” in that time. I have been really trying to hone in on what I want my presence here on the web to be. I’m not interested in using this space to engage in political diatribes or rants, but I believe that there is value in discussing important issues that may allow others to gain a different perspective about current events. I don’t have any illusions here about how difficult it is to actually change someone’s mind, but I will attempt nevertheless to provide hopefully unbiased information on issues affecting all of us. Naturally, some of my own biases will naturally creep into what I write here, but I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing. Ultimately, my intention here is to inform rather than incite. Your thoughts and comments are always welcomed.
I also chose to place these discussions on the basic pages of the website rather than the blog as I wanted to keep the blog features shorter and more informal. I consider ‘Environmental’ issues to be part of a broader social context, especially considering how inseparable we are from the world around us.
ESSAYS ON SOCIAL ISSUES
- Income Disparity By the Numbers – December 2011
- Income Disparity By the Numbers: Volume II – The One Percent – January 2012
- Income Disparity By the Numbers: Volume III – How We Got Here – March 2012
- Income Disparity by the Numbers: Volume IV – The 2012 Election – Wealth vs. Jobs – April 2012
ESSAYS ON ENVIRONMENTAL AND ENERGY ISSUES
- Polar Bears: Why Save Them? – July 2011
- The Oil Paradox: U. S. Exports vs. Persian Gulf Imports – August 2014
- Missing a Chance for Energy Independence – Op-Ed in The Press Democrat, February 27, 2016